Future of the RPC-LOGIN test?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 24 09:27:45 GMT 2005

Volker,

I've been busy working on Samba4, and as per my last big commit, I've
had to disable the RPC-LOGIN test.  I need to work with you to clean up
this test in such a way that it can be run without special setup.  If
possible, I would like to run this test using command-line parameters
for users, and with the machine's existing domain join account.

I also want to see this test use the torture and librpc infrastructure,
rather than copies which need to be updated/modified constantly.  Can we
try and modify librpc to provide the services that this test requires?

I think this is a very valuable test, and would like to retain it, but I
need some assistance to maintain it long-term.

Thanks,