Future of the RPC-LOGIN test?

Thu Mar 31 12:50:52 GMT 2005

Andrew,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:27:45PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've been busy working on Samba4, and as per my last big commit, I've
> had to disable the RPC-LOGIN test.  I need to work with you to clean up
> this test in such a way that it can be run without special setup.  If
> possible, I would like to run this test using command-line parameters
> for users, and with the machine's existing domain join account.
>
> I also want to see this test use the torture and librpc infrastructure,
> rather than copies which need to be updated/modified constantly.  Can we
> try and modify librpc to provide the services that this test requires?
>
> I think this is a very valuable test, and would like to retain it, but I
> need some assistance to maintain it long-term.

This test was primarily thought of as a performance and scalability test and it
done me very good service. To make scalability tests easier certainly
converting it to use async client routines only would be a big benefit. I'd
very much like to see it work with more than one fixed user. Ideally take an
existing user database and have the ability to randomly pick one from, very
much like the current test works.

As you might have noticed I'm currently back to Samba3 land again, so I can't
help much there.

Volker