SWAT features

paul kölle paul at subsignal.org
Wed Mar 16 18:21:40 GMT 2005

Tarjei Huse wrote:
> I care little for SWAT, but what I have missed with Samba in the past is
> suggestions for those trying to develop admin-ui's on how to do this.
> What you should provide is a minimum of documentation on how some things
> should be documented.
>
> Also an interface like Postfix postconf[1] would be nice - preferably
> with an api as well.
Yea, for python please ;)

BTW: My 2cents WRT swat. It reminds me of webmit which I didn't like
(sorry). It's just a GUI wrapped around smb.conf whilst I think a "role
based" architecture with plugins to implement them might be worth a
thought. A "role" might be "domain controller", "member server", "share
mode"... I realize this will not be perfect since it can't match up with
sambas inherent flexibilty but users stretching samba to its limits will
mess with smb.conf anyway. A management API would be great...

greetings
  Paul