SWAT features

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Mon Mar 14 17:57:55 GMT 2005

Deryck Hodge <deryck at samba.org> writes:

> My question then -- what do people use SWAT for?  Is it primarily a
> web-based front end for editing smb.conf?  An entry point for
> documentation?  A gui for setting up Samba without knowing much about
> smb.conf?

Since I only infrequently configure a new samba server, I have used SWAT for
generating an initial smb.conf file.  Once the initial file is generated, I
always edit the smb.conf file manually while referencing SMB.CONF(5).

Derrell