libraries and the build system

Daniel Reed n at ml.org
Wed Nov 17 23:10:12 GMT 2004

On 2004-11-18T09:51+1100, tridge at samba.org wrote:
) but we can't take them on lightly. We need a plan (and volunteers for
) the effort) to create libs that won't be more of a curse than a
) benefit.
)
) for internal samba use their benefits are much more dubious.

If any significant code is shared between smbd and nmbd there may be a
benefit to only having it resident once.

What's the issue with using Libtool?

--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>	http://people.redhat.com/djr/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
Punishment often increases the feelings of estrangement and strengthens