samba4: unsigned char -> uint8

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Jun 3 15:26:27 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:52:44AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> > > Should probably stick with int and unsigned int...
> >
> > What about just "uint", since that doesn't end with "_t"?
>
> Well since you put it in the form of a question, I'll put in my two cents.
>  uint is fine by the standard.  However, the standard goes out of it's way
> to define lots of special types (like size_t, ptrdiff_t, etc.).  I'd
> personally stick with standard types whenever possible and not get into
> the habit of redining types all over the place.

I really wish C99 would not have defined so many different special types.
It adds a tremenous amount of complexity to the use of the language.

I do, however, think "uint" is something that makes basic sense.  The
"unsigned" or "unsigned int" type is used often enough, and "uint" is a
rather obvious short-hand.

Ah, well.  That's probably not even worth 2cents.  :)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org