smbcacls/smbcquotas oddities

Pascal Terjan pterjan at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Dec 27 17:57:17 GMT 2004

Le dimanche 19 décembre 2004 à 11:22 +1100, Tim Potter a écrit :
> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 23:01 +0100, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> > Hi,
> > This afternoon I forgot // at the beginning of //server/share when
> > running smbcacls. I noticed that smbcals dropped the first 2 chars even
> > if it is not //. So, I looked into the code, planning to add a test. I
> > noticed 2 strange things :
> >
> > 1) While most utils use a fstring for server name, smbcquotas.c uses a
> > pstring
>
> Probably a bug, although it's unlikely it will ever be triggered as
> server names are usually quite short.

Sorry for being so long, I was planning to look into this (get sure what
could be the bug) before sending all the patch but did not get time, so
I send the rest and may see this later.

> > 2) In smbcacls.c line 838, what's the goal of strchr_m(server,'/') if
> > all / got replaced few lines before ?
>
> Probably a bug as well.
>
> If you fix them file a bugzilla bug or post a patch to the mailing list
> and I will apply it.

Here is a small patch for the // checking and the strchr_m, It's called
3.0.9 as I wrote it for 3.0.9 but I just tested it on 3.0.10...