Accessing Samba with Pocket PC 2003

Eric Glass eric.glass at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:57:43 GMT 2004

> I have not been following this thread closely, but I think I remember the
> original post.  Something about not being able to log on or not being able
> to see the network neighborhood or somesuch.  (More clue, on my part,
> would help.)

The PocketPC sends a NegProt request indicating extended security
w/DOS status codes; Samba responds indicating NT status codes and the
PocketPC drops the conversation.  Florian set "nt status = No", but
the subsequent trace displays the same behavior (Samba still appears
to indicate NT status codes in the NegProt reply).

Eric