Accessing Samba with Pocket PC 2003

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sat Aug 14 14:59:49 GMT 2004

I see something...

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:24:10PM +0200, Florian Pressler wrote:
:
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>        unix charset = ISO8859-15
>        display charset = ISO8859-15
>        workgroup = HETZENDORF
>        netbios name = LINUXSERVER
>        server string = Hetzendorf, Meidling, Wien
>        interfaces = eth1, wlan0, 127.0.0.1
>        bind interfaces only = Yes
>        obey pam restrictions = Yes
>        passdb backend = tdbsam, guest
>        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
>        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
> *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
>        syslog = 50
>        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>        max log size = 1000
>        nt status support = No
>        os level = 66
>        dns proxy = No
>        panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
>        invalid users = root

I have not been following this thread closely, but I think I remember the
original post.  Something about not being able to log on or not being able
to see the network neighborhood or somesuch.  (More clue, on my part,
would help.)

Anyway, two questions:
  Why do you have 'os level' set to 66?
  Is there a Domain Master Browser on this network?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org