NTLM group retrieval

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Apr 21 20:54:33 GMT 2004

There's an old RAP call known as NetGroupEnum() that probably does what
you want.  Microsoft has documentation on the function itself (the
programmer's interface) but not on the wire format.  If you can write some
Windows code that calls the function, you can see what it does on the
wire.  Ethereal probably has parsers for this.

They're good folk, those Ethereal folk.  :)

I *believe* that the function calls documented at the link below are RAP
calls:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netmgmt/netmgmt/network_management_reference.asp

(...and, yes, 'netmgmt' is in there twice.)

If that doesn't do it for you, then you'll need to look at RPC calls.
I don't know enough about those to point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org