Samba 3.0 / idmap backend ldap

Leandro Ariel Gomez Chavarria lgomez at cencosud.com.ar
Wed Nov 19 02:41:30 GMT 2003

Hi all, I'm testing openldap in a RedHat 9 (openldap-2.0.27-8 rpm's) to
store IdMaps for samba 3.0 using idmap backend = ldap, because I have it
in a HA configuration, so I need a unique idMap across the nodes of the
cluster.

I install open ldap in 2 linuxboxes (lxcluster01 and lxcluster02) to
run as Master and Slave ldap servers, everything seems to work fine, but
when I test the slave I notice that when I create a new entry it doesn't
replicate on the master, I think this have to be the "normal" behavior,
or I'm wrong?

I ran in debug mode all the processes to see what's going on and I
never saw the slave trying to contact the master. Note that the
replication from the master to the slave works fine.

had anyone experience on that?

any help or comment will be really appreciated, Leandro.-

here are my conf files, I omit the include lines to make it more
readable.

Master slapd.conf (lxcluster01.e200.arg):

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg"
rootpw          secret
directory       /home/ldap

replica host=lxcluster02.e200.arg:389
binddn="cn=Manager,dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg" bindmethod=simple
credentials=secret
replogfile /home/ldap/replication/replication.log

Slave slapd.conf (lxcluster02.e200.arg):

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg"
rootpw          secret
directory       /home/ldap

updatedn "cn=Manager,dc=openldap,dc=e200,dc=arg"
updateref "ldap://lxcluster01.e200.arg:389"