testing RPCs

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue May 6 09:58:21 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

the following scrap of shell script is what I've been using to test
modifications to the RPC code. It makes progressively larger calls to
the rpc echo server and verifies that the call worked. Connection
failure will cause a retry; any other failure gets logged. Script
takes two parameters, the server to test against and the starting
RPC size. It will test up to a maximum of 16k, and log errors (if any)
in rpctest.log in the current directory.

It's horrid, but it does the job.

Cheers,
Waider.

---------------------->8---------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

CREDENTIALS=username%password

SRV=$1
shift
i=1
if [ "$1" ]
then
  i=$1
fi

while true
do
  echo Testing $i
  foo=`bin/rpcclient $SRV -U $CREDENTIALS -c "echodata $i" | grep -vi 'creating lame'`
  if echo $foo | grep -q "Cannot connect to server"
  then
    echo "Failed to connect, retrying $i"
  else
    if [ "$foo" ]
    then
      echo "Failed $i ($foo)" >> rpctest.log
    fi
    i=`expr $i + 1`
    if [ $i = 16385 ]
    then
      break
    fi
  fi
done
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"So, these portents, taken together with the eclipse and casting this