Samba 3.0 Alpha22 + AD Domain, RedHat Kerberos Problems

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Tue Mar 11 19:37:49 GMT 2003

Herb Lewis wrote:
> We had this same problem at connectathon. All I had to do was Go to
> the ADS machine, login as the user, and change the password. The
> current released version of MIT kerberos worked fine after that. It
> appears that MS does not create all the required encryption types
> for the password until the first change.

Wait, do you mean to tell me that I have to change the Windows Server
account's password in order for this to work ?

So if I create an account, testUser, and its password is testPassword --
it won't work initially because its the first password, but when I
change it to testNewPassword -- It'll work ?