Samba 3.0 Alpha22 + AD Domain, RedHat Kerberos Problems

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Mar 11 18:11:04 GMT 2003

This is also the case for a completely new install where you set
up the machine to be an ADS initially. There you just finished
entering the plaintext password so they cannot use that as an
excuse. Personally I think they just "blew it" (either intentionally
or accidently) because they didn't test against anything but their
own implementation.

Simo Sorce wrote:

> the fact is that, imho, MS can't (haven't looked too colsely, but I had
> to change the password too as tridge howto on ads say).
> When you make a server be an ADS it simply makes an upgrade and it does
> not have the clear text password to do all the other encryptions.
>
> Simo.

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D