Samba 3.0 Alpha22 + AD Domain, RedHat Kerberos Problems

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Mar 11 19:56:16 GMT 2003

This is only true for accounts that existed before the server became
an ADS (administrator being the most important since you need that
to join the domain). After you are up and running as an ADS I think
new users get created correctly.

ODC wrote:

> Herb Lewis wrote:
> > We had this same problem at connectathon. All I had to do was Go to
> > the ADS machine, login as the user, and change the password. The
> > current released version of MIT kerberos worked fine after that. It
> > appears that MS does not create all the required encryption types
> > for the password until the first change.
>
> Wait, do you mean to tell me that I have to change the Windows Server
> account's password in order for this to work ?
>
> So if I create an account, testUser, and its password is testPassword --
> it won't work initially because its the first password, but when I
> change it to testNewPassword -- It'll work ?

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D