KDC has no support for encryption type?

Alberto Patino jalbertop at aranea.com.mx
Tue Jul 15 17:18:47 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 09:29, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:23:39AM -0400, Ken Cross wrote:
> > I'm getting these messages from "net ads join -U x%x":
>
> >    kerberos_kinit_password administrator at WIN1DOM.LOCAL failed: KDC has no
> > support for encryption type
>
> > I'm using MIT Kerberos 1.2.6 on NetBSD.  The server is Win2K SP4.
>
> > It worked fine in Samba 3.0 Alphas.  Winbindd is having no problems.

I am using beta2 with W2K. net ads join work for me.

You can figure out what encryption type is requested by the net program
using ethereal.  You can run ethereal from your BSD box or your W2K DC
box.

Also, you can see the event log in W2K. But you need to activate this
option in the W2K DC registry.

ALberto Patiño