Patches for winbindd_ads.c

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Sat Jul 12 12:07:33 GMT 2003

Samba-folk:

Attached are two patches to winbindd_ads.c.

The first fixes this error:

 [2003/07/06 13:45:05, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_ads.c:enum_dom_groups(270)
   No rid for Account Operators !?

It adds a call to sid_check_is_in_builtin because the Builtin SIDs won't
match the domain SID.

The second is a re-implementation of a "feature" that I argued for in 3.0
Alpha, but apparently lost.  It modifies lookup_groupmem for ADS so that it
behaves the same as lookup_groupmem for RPC.

The RPC version returns all members of a group, whereas the current ADS
version doesn't return members who have that group as their primary group.
Consequently, lists of Domain Users is horribly short.

I need the list of group members to be consistent between RPC and ADS.  For
others that need it, the second patch will give it to them.

Ken

Ken Cross

Network Storage Solutions
Phone 865.675.4070 ext 31