Windows 2K SP4?

Durham, Josh jdurham at vt.edu
Tue Jul 1 15:18:31 GMT 2003

Are there any known issues with authenticating against a Windows 2000 DC
with service pack 4?

I upgraded the DC last night, and now I'm getting:
[2003/07/01 11:07:14, 0]
smbd/password.c:connect_to_domain_password_server(1337)
  connect_to_domain_password_server: machine PLUTO rejected the tconX on
the IPC$ share. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

I can send a debug 10 to whoever is interested.  The funny thing is is
that the other DC, which is still running SP3, is giving the same
response.

I did have RestrictAnon set to 2, but I've set that to 0, and I've had
Request NTLM (not v2), but I've changed that as well to accepting LM
connections.

I've also tried to rejoin the server to the domain, ie, smbpasswd -j
DOMAIN -U Administrator

Any ideas?

- Josh