CVS update: samba/source/auth

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 1 15:31:46 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 01:04, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:
>
> > another solution was to have winbind send a samba specific flag in the
> > SAMR query, and the smbd SAMR server code would check that flag before
> > looking up UNIX security.
> >
> > I don't remember with who, I talked of that solution (maybe tridge or
> > jeremy).
>
> I think it was tridge.

Just as a note - part of the reason this has got quite so far is that we
now always operate in that mode.  We don't ask unix for very much at
all.  This has some consequences, that we might need to address - in
particular Samba accounts can be active after the unix account has been
deleted.

The lockups are usually part of 'other things' that are harder to
control.

For a torture case - try wbinfo -a with 'idmap backend = ldap' and a
freshly deleted winbindd_idmap.tdb.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net