Samba-2.2.8pre1 available on samba.org mirrors
Gerald (Jerry) Carter
jerry at samba.org
Fri Feb 28 22:19:13 GMT 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
We've just posted the second preview release of Samba 2.2.8
on samba.org. This is a non-production release provided for
testing only. The final 2.2.8 will only include bug fixes for
the 2.2.7a release.
The source code can be downloaded from :
The uncompressed tarball and patch file have been signed
using GnuPG. The Samba public key is available at
Binary packages for RedHat have been released and can be
Other will be available soon.
The release notes follow.
As always, all bugs are our responsibility.
The Samba Team
What's new in Samba 2.2.8pre2 - 28th February 2003
This is a non-production, preview release of the upcoming Samba
2.2.8 distribution. This preview release is for testing purposes
only and should not be installed in production environments.
The purpose of this preview release to make numerous bugs fixes
for Samba 2.2.7a available to the Samba community. Please report
testing results of this release to the Samba mailing list
<samba at samba.org>.
Changes since 2.2.8pre1
1) smbumount lazy patch from Mandrake
2) Check for too many processes *before* the fork.
3) make sure we don't run over the end of 'name' in unix_convert()
4) set umask to 0 before creating socket directory.
5) Fix the LARGE_SMB_OFF_T problems and allow smbd to do the right thing
in interactive mode when a log file dir is also specified.
6) Fix delete on close semantics to match W2K.
7) Correctly return access denied on share mode deny when we can't open
8) Always use safe_strcpy not pstrcpy for malloc()'d strings
9) Fixes for HP-UX only having limited POSIX lock range
10) Added uid/gid caching code. Reduces load on winbindd.
11) Removed extra copy of server name in the printername field (it was
mangling the the name to be \\server\\\server\printer
12) Fix dumb perror used without errno being set.
13) Do retries correctly if the connection to the DC has failed.
14) Correctly check for inet_addr fail.
15) Ensure we use getgrnam() unless BROKEN_GETGRNAM is defined.
16) Fix for missing if (setting_acls) on default perms.
17) Fix to cache the sidtype
18) fix printer settings on Solaris (big-endian) print servers.
ASCII -> UNICODE conversion bug.
19) Small fix check correct error return.
20) Ensure space_avail is unsigned.
21) patch to check for a valid [f]chmod_acl function pointer
before calling it. Fixes seg fault in audit VFS module
22) When checking is_locked() new WRITE locks conflict with existing
READ locks even if the context is the same.
23) Merge off-by-one crash fixes from HEAD
24) Move off-by-one buggy malloc()/safe_strcpy() combination to strdup()
25) Merge from HEAD. Use pstrcpy not safe_strcpy.
26) Fix to allow blocking lock notification to be done rapidly (no wait
for smb -> smb lock release). Adds new PENDING_LOCK type to lockdb
(does not interfere with existing locks).
27) Doxygen cleanups for code documentation
28) limit the unix domain sockets used by winbindd by adding a
"last_access" field to winbindd connections, and will close
the oldest idle connection once the number of open connections goes
over WINBINDD_MAX_SIMULTANEOUS_CLIENTS (defined in local.h as 200
29) Fix a couple of string handling errors in smbd/dir.c that would
cause smbd to crash
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://quantumlab.net/pine_privacy_guard/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the samba-technical