Updated NTLMSSP implementation in Samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 31 11:22:47 GMT 2003

Just a quick note to say that Samba's NLTMSSP code has been recently
updated.  I understand that fetchmail has an implementation based on
some very old Samba code.  Indeed, this implemtnation has been copied
about in many places.

I am trying to track down the various NTLMSSP implementations, so as
to either have them updated with MS's new and wonderful changes, or
replaced with callouts to Samba's implementation.

Samba's new ntlm_auth utility provides an NLTMSSP client and server,
which uses the same code that we need for daily operation.  As such,
it is well-tested and includes support for things such as NTLMv2,
NTLM2 and unicode.

Andrew Barltett