problem with swat

nandkumar l mane nandu_mane at rediffmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:10:53 GMT 2003

Hi All!

I want to use SWAT:
I followed following steps.
a)Edit file "/etc/services". Add the following line if it isn't already there.
swat 901/tcp
{Ok - the file was there with that line already in it.]

b)
Edit file "/etc/xinetd.conf". Add the following line if it isn't already there.
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat

c)
Restart "inetd". In Red Hat this can be done by running the following command as root.
service xinetd restart

d)
To access S.W.A.T., just browse to the following address.
http://[server]:901/
[I could not get this to work - I tried my hostname, ip and 'localhost' I always got the following error: "Page cannot be displayed"]

when I see open ports using nmap it is showing 901 port as open.
httpd daemon is also running.
Why browser is not showing required page?
plz give me suggestion .

regards
Nandkumar