XFS ACL Samba

Nicolas Scaut nicolas.scaut at province.namur.be
Thu Aug 14 13:59:48 GMT 2003

Hello,

- I install a SUSE 8.1 with XFS filesystem

- After, I install samba 2.2.8a (--with-acl-support et -with-winbind).
- Then I configure it to become a domain member.  It seems to be ok (wbinfo -t etc).

Here is my smb.conf :

[global]
        # Options des logs
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.samba
        debug level = 4

        # General
        netbios name = myxfs
        server string = Serveur XFS
        workgroup = a
        os level = 65
        nt acl support = Yes
        nt support = yes
        wins server = xxxxx

        # Authentification
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = yes
        password server = xxxxx
        unix password sync = yes
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        passwd chat = *New* %n\n *Re* %n\n *pa*
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map

        # Réseau windows
        domain master = false
        preferred master = yes
        winbind uid = 500-20000
        winbind gid = 500-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind cache time = 15

        # Logon
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        template shell = /bin/bash

[student]
        path = /ns/student
        comment = Répertoire étudiants
        valid users = a\etu1,a\Administrateur
        admin users = a\Administrateur
        revalidate = yes
        available = yes
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes
        directory mask = 700
        force directory mode = 700
        create mask = 700
        force create mode = 700

When I use the a\Administrateur account, I can browse the « student » directory and I can modifie the access permissions (via option security in windows).

I set the full control for the user a\etu1

Lorque je suis loggué en tant que a\Administrateur sur une machine windows, j'arrive à accéder à "student" et à rajouter des permissions (via l'onglet sécurité). Je rajoute une permission pour etu1 (full control)

When I use the a\etu1 account, I can't browse the « student » directory.

Result of a «  getfacl * » :

# file: student
# owner: a\administrateur
# group: a\Admins du domaine
user::rwx
user:a\etu1:rwx
group::rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:a\etu1:rwx
default:group::r--
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

The samba logfile :

Code:

smbd/service.c:make_connection(603)
  pcsit00 (172.16.45.230) Can't change directory to /ns/student (Permission denied)
smbd/sec_ctx.c:set_sec_ctx(329)
  setting sec ctx (0, 0) - sec_ctx_stack_ndx = 0
smbd/connection.c:yield_connection(48)
  Yielding connection to student
smbd/error.c:error_packet(91)
  error string = Permission denied
smbd/error.c:error_packet(110)
  error packet at smbd/reply.c(165) cmd=117 (SMBtconX) NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

If a change the smb.conf to set a\etu1 in into a admin users, then I can browse the « student » folder but, in this case the acl is not usefull because when I change it (no access for a\etu1), it has no effect !!!!

I really want to permit to a\Administrateur to manage shared folders and permissions in windows without see that it's a linux server.

Can you help me ?

Nicolas Scaut