Draft of branch maintainence and release plans....

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Jul 8 09:36:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > * Full Windows NT 4.0 PDC support
> > >   - Trust relationships
> > >   - SAM replication

[And someone said]

Gerald Carter wrote:
> This is where you and i disagree on what's important.  I'm not
> saying you have to do it, but I do have a problem of keep us
> as developers promising something and never delivering.
> **If** we can deliver this, then we have a smooth road for migrating
> from NT 4.0 PDC's to Samba DC's.  This may also buy us time
> in the requests for a Samba Win2K compatible DC.

	Am I misunderstanding, or was Andrew suggesting
	that PDC improvement should be put on hold while
	the team works on AD functionality?

	I'm of the opinion that a good, workmanlike
	kerberos implementation able to work with AD
	is the most desirable single item for 3.0, and
	that there is a community of folks, like myself,
	that would like to jump from a security=user,
	unix-centric configuration straight to a security=kerberos
	unix-centric configuration (;-))

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com