Draft of branch maintainence and release plans....

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Jul 8 08:36:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > * Full Windows NT 4.0 PDC support
> >   - Trust relationships
> >   - SAM replication
>
> I don't see this being in 3.0.  Maybe a later release, but there is more
> work 'todo' in this area that you might expect.  Natrually, Samba->Samba
> replication will be fully supported.

This is where you and i disagree on what's important.  I'm not
saying you have to do it, but I do have a problem of keep us
as developers promising something and never delivering.
**If** we can deliver this, then we have a smooth road for migrating
from NT 4.0 PDC's to Samba DC's.  This may also buy us time
in the requests for a Samba Win2K compatible DC.

Bottom line in my opinion is that we need to table some of the
other stuff that may be more fun and get this done.  Otherwise,
it will never get done.

Oh and btw....i expect that there is a lot todo in HEAD anyways.
I'm not naive about this.

But it also takes people to finish off the feature and polish
it.

cheers, jerry