Modifications to libsmbclient underway ...
sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Jan 31 15:24:04 GMT 2002
I am about to start working on some mods to libsmbclient as discussed
with Andrew B a little while ago.
I need to be able to switch on oplocks for files, so I need to do some work.
What I plan to do is to change the way that initialization works, and
add a bunch of new routines.
1. The library will provide the existing list of exposed names for
backward compatibility, along with a new static structure of names that
implement the new way of doing things. Called something like
smbc_calls.smbc_read etc with the new routines at the end. All of these
routines will take a context as their first arg, rest will be similar to
the original routines ...
2. smbc_init2 will return a context that has been malloc'd. It will
contain all the necessary bits needed for this instance. One will be
able to init2 again for new instances. smbc_init will now create a
3. All the old entry points will work, but they will work on the default
4. I will add a routine smbc_set_caching that can set caching on a per
file. It will translate into OPLOCKS in libsmb ...
5. I will add a version number to the library as a macro ...
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, LPIC-1
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba
in 24 Hours, Special Edition, Using Samba
More information about the samba-technical