Printing and Samba 2.2.3a

Claus Svarer csvarer at nru.dk
Wed Feb 13 02:05:06 GMT 2002

Hi

I have just upgraded from Samba vers. 2.2.2 to vers 2.2.3a. I am using
the Samba server as a PDC in a combined Windows 98 and Windows 2000
environment. In vers. 2.2.2 I installed the printer drivers for the
network printers without any problems, but after upgrading it seems as
there are many problems. The Windows 2000 clients doesn't seem to see
the printer drivers that I have installed for the Windows 2000 cleints,
using the same method as for 2.2.2, letting a printer admin account
distribute the drivers to the network. Using the rpcclient program I can
neither detect the drivers. Is there anybody that knows how to solve
this problem?

In the upgrade process I tried to let the file ntprinters.tdb stay in
the locks directory. I though seems as all the information disappears
from the server. Does anyone know why this happens and is there a way to
let the information in the ntprinters.tdb database survive (the same for
the other tdb files)?

Further I have a problem with one the printers trying to install a
printer driver. It does not behave like the rest of them. Trying to
install a driver for this printer I get a pop-up error message box with
the following information "Unable to install Intel, Windows 2000 driver.
Operation could not be completed".  Does anyone have the same problem?
How do you cleanup the ntprinters database?

Thanks for your help

Claus Svarer