smbcacls & NetApp Filers

David Crosta dcrosta at enigmadata.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 03:37:09 GMT 2002

Hi,

I tried to use smbcacls to set ( -S option) an ACL on a file on a
NetApp Filer (mixed qtree or CIFS only).
I get no error returned from the NetApp Filer but the Set has not
worked.
I can Add, Delete, Modify ACEs but not Set!

This may be a NetApp issue only, but if anyone has had any experience of
this then I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

regards

Dave

--
David A. Crosta,   Software Engineer	| Enigma Data Systems Ltd
Email: dcrosta at enigmadata.co.uk		| Chelsea House, 8-14 The Broadway,