problems with VFS interface / audit.c example

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Sat Apr 6 01:20:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 20:08, Rainer Link wrote:
> Ok. Hum, IIRC Alexander Bokovoy works on stackable (cascaded?) VFS
> modules? Alexander, any news? I'd assume, this will mean a big change of
> the VFS interface (again)?

Yes, Alexander is coming out with a new stackable VFS draft for Samba,
and will present the draft at sambaxp convention (www.sambaxp.org).
We had talked few times and I think it will be good.
But, all this stackable stuff is for Samba 3.0, not for 2.2.x series, so
you can consider the 2.2.>=4 VFS stable.

> > If you fix the samba-vscan module and send in the code I can
> > add it to the VFS directory and we'll try and keep it maintained
> > with Samba releases.
>
> Well, the current version (0.2.4) can be found at
> http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php#samba-vscan - I'm not quite
> sure, if it fits to the example section of Samba. Well, I'll fix it asap
> and send you the files and you can just decided, if you want to add it
> to the Samba sources or not. :-)

Very nice, we'll wait them :)

Simo.

--