problems with VFS interface / audit.c example

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 5 09:55:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 06:43:39PM +0100, Rainer Link wrote:
> Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
> > I'm intending to actively support the VFS modules going forward
>
> That's really good news! Thanks.
>
> > (in that I've added new functionality such as the recycle bin
> > patch using the VFS for 2.2.4).
>
> Is the current VFS interface in CVS considered stable? Or will it change
> a lot until 2.4.4 release? If no, I'll "fix" my samba-vscan stuff to
> work with Samba 2.4.4, too.

I'm expecting the current VFS to be stable-ish.... :-). In that we
may need to modify it some in the future but it seems fairly complete
at the moment.

If you fix the samba-vscan module and send in the code I can
add it to the VFS directory and we'll try and keep it maintained
with Samba releases.

Jeremy.