Getting ready for 2.2.2.

Urban Widmark urban at
Tue Sep 18 11:00:13 GMT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I know of one showstopper (the WINS re-registation
> bug) I need to fix before Samba 2.2.2 is in a shippable
> state (ie. then Gerry, John and I do all our regression
> testing :-).

smbmount should be fixed to set CLI_FORCE_ASCII as smbfs currently doesn't
handle unicode (and won't until 2.5).

There are also a few other small things I'd like to add, doc fixes, 
possible fix for #21619.

Certainly no showstoppers, but I'd like to fix them and if you are doing
your normal alpha series I should have plenty of time to do so. I guess
what I am asking is if I must submit patches tonight :), or if I can wait
until the weekend.


More information about the samba-technical mailing list