smbpasswd -j ... -Uuser%pass

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Sep 18 07:52:04 GMT 2001

"MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)" wrote:
> One of the things that I hear all the time is that we (Samba)
> should have more command line capability [...]
> so they can do more administration/testing/etc directly from
> the SAMBA box, and not have to 'switch hats' all the time.

	I rather agree: Samba serves two distinct
	and sometimes insular customer bases: folks
	who know Windows and use Unix as a convenient
	provider of services, and folks who know Unix
	and help out Windows people by providing
	services.

	Being kind to both is a good idea.*

--dave
[* However, as a professional Unix bigot, I should
   only argue for the second (:-)]
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com