smbpasswd -j ... -Uuser%pass

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Sep 18 07:34:20 GMT 2001

Jerry wrote:

Sounds fine.  I just think it is dumb to have to delete the
account from server manager before joining the domain.
Means you have to find an NT box :-)

^^^absolutely!  We should definitely give the samba admin the
   choice; if he has the NT credentials to reset the account,
   we should allow it, just with an 'are you sure' message.

   One of the things that I hear all the time is that we (Samba)
   should have more command line capability (like the net command
   implementation discussion I have seen over the past few weeks)
   so they can do more administration/testing/etc directly from
   the SAMBA box, and not have to 'switch hats' all the time.
   Not to mention the positives it has for us in the support
   community in regards to scripting for troubleshooting, problem
   reproduction, and modem access to a machine.
   I HATE getting to the point where I'm dialed into a customer
   machine, and I have to call them up because I need them to run
   to some NT machine to perform something I can't do directly with
   Samba....

Cheers,
Don