[IDEA+RFC] Command line util for modifying services

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sun Sep 9 05:47:01 GMT 2001

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, David Armstrong wrote:

> Thanks - I should be able to hack away at this script and make it do
> what I need it to.  I'll also look into the rpcclient suggestion
> [thanks Simo].

I don't think we have implemented the client side srvsvc rpc's
for this (the ones Server Manager uses).  WOuldn't be hard at
all though.

> If you ever do decide to include a command line utility as part of
> samba/bin, I'd me more than happy to do the work of writing it.

No one has ever asked for it (that I know of).  Not yet at least :-)

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org