2.2.2 and oplocks and Word

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 07:39:06 GMT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, William Jojo wrote:

> I've posted this before...with oplocks off, MS-Word 2000 will save a
> file and successfully reopen it.
>
> When oplocks are turned on, MS-Word 2000 will save a file and will *not*
> reopen it with the following message:
>
> The Document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions.
> *Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
> * Use the File Open diaglog box to locate the document.
> (H:\This is after oplocks.doc)

Sorry.  This has got to be something specific to your share.
I use Word2000 with the latest SAMBA_2_2 constantly and
no problems.

> BTW, all other MS products perform perfectly regardless of oplock state.
>
> Server: AIX 4.3.3 with maintenence release 09
> Client: Windows 2000 w/SP2

Maybe Win2k related though.  I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

> If anyone needs a log level 10....please let me know where to send
> it....

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org