2.2.2 and oplocks and Word

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Oct 15 10:08:22 GMT 2001

One thing that may be of interest is we serve MS-Office from a Samba
share (M: drive) installed as an administrative install (setup /A) and
then installed to the client after that from the admin staging area.

Again, this only happens with Word and only with oplocks on. When they are
off there are no problems.

You indicated that is might be something with the share...if you could be
more specific, I'll give it a whirl :)

Also, this was occuring with Win2K/SP1 al well.

Here is the [homes] stanza:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   path = %H
   locking = yes
   guest ok = no
   read only = no
#   force create mode = 0664
#   force directory = 0755
#   root preexec = /usr/local/bin/notice.ksh %m &

Hope this helps....

Bill