2.2.2 and oplocks and Word

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Oct 15 06:54:04 GMT 2001

I've posted this before...with oplocks off, MS-Word 2000 will save a
file and successfully reopen it.

When oplocks are turned on, MS-Word 2000 will save a file and will *not*
reopen it with the following message:

The Document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions.
*Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
* Use the File Open diaglog box to locate the document.
(H:\This is after oplocks.doc)

This has happened in 2.2.0, 2.2.1a and still in 2.2.2.

Am I just missing something?

BTW, all other MS products perform perfectly regardless of oplock state.

Server: AIX 4.3.3 with maintenence release 09
Client: Windows 2000 w/SP2

If anyone needs a log level 10....please let me know where to send it....

Regards,

Bill