Samba in Win2K Native Mode

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Nov 8 09:49:05 GMT 2001

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 08:55:52AM -0500, Carl Hallé wrote:
> I would like to know how to find information on running SAMBA in a windows
> 2000 native mode without the PDC emulator that is, no longer Lan Manager or
> NTLM authentication capability.

samba can run as a server in a w2k domain and you do not need the PDC emulation, only the support for previous MS op systems
Anyway what the problem in using the PDC/BDC compatibility mode?

> In Native Mode with no PDC emulator, Windows 2000 makes use of Kerberos v5
> authentication.

not only, it is still capable of NTLM support as far as I know.

> Also, is there a plan to provide an equivalent to NTFS-5 on Linux?

what's the point of having an NTFS-5 support on linux?
and why you ask this to samba ml and to to a kernel ml?

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org