SMB protocol help

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Nov 6 15:11:02 GMT 2001

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at pcug.org.au> writes:
>
> > I found a bug in our SPNEGO anonymous session code, and just needed to
> > test my fix a bit.  I see that you are brave enough to be running HEAD
> > :-).
>
> Yes, I'm brave.  Am I stupid? :-)

Not stupid, considering the (supprising) stability HEAD has enjoyed over
this development period.

> > Currently Win2k can't do browse syncronistaion with HEAD (from the
> > Win2k end at least).
> >
> > Does that describe the symptoms correctly?
>
> That could well be.  Once I get myself more familiar with the SMB
> protocols, I'll be able to determine what's happening.
>
> > I'll get the patch into the tree as soon as I test it.  For reference,
> > there is a wonderful little utility called 'browmon' in the Win2k
> > resource kit.  It allows you to do a browse sync *on demand*, which is
> > how I debuged this.
>
> Is the Win2k resource kit something I would download from MS?  If so,
> I'll get it.  (If you happen to have a URL, that'd be useful.)

Its on the CD, I beleive.

> I look forward to your patch.  Do you post to samba-technical when
> there are cvs changes?

Sign up for samba-cvs at samba.org (lists.samba.org).  This list gets the
commit messages for every change in the samba tree.  See also the
'Recent Checkins' page on build.samba.org.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Samba Team member, Build Farm maintainer        abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net