SMB protocol help

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Tue Nov 6 14:57:02 GMT 2001

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at pcug.org.au> writes:

> I found a bug in our SPNEGO anonymous session code, and just needed to
> test my fix a bit.  I see that you are brave enough to be running HEAD
> :-).

Yes, I'm brave.  Am I stupid? :-)

> Currently Win2k can't do browse syncronistaion with HEAD (from the
> Win2k end at least).
>
> Does that describe the symptoms correctly?

That could well be.  Once I get myself more familiar with the SMB
protocols, I'll be able to determine what's happening.

> I'll get the patch into the tree as soon as I test it.  For reference,
> there is a wonderful little utility called 'browmon' in the Win2k
> resource kit.  It allows you to do a browse sync *on demand*, which is
> how I debuged this.

Is the Win2k resource kit something I would download from MS?  If so,
I'll get it.  (If you happen to have a URL, that'd be useful.)

I look forward to your patch.  Do you post to samba-technical when
there are cvs changes?

Cheers,

Derrell