Procedure Number is IN Range!!

Tony Nelson tnelson at thetonik.com
Thu May 31 15:27:38 GMT 2001

I compiled the latest 2.2 branch myself yesterday.. and used your config as
a jumping off point.. For now I'm only testing w/ a 98 machine.. I'll save
2k until I am sure I have a solid working env... I can now login to my
domain with the following caveats...

   1) I can't see any shares or use network neighborhood
   2) If I log off the 98 machine, I can't log in again unless I reboot..
   3) My login script does seem to run, but it doesn't seem to work.. it's a
      big two lines... 'echo some stuff' 'pause'  .. I wrote the file on the
      98 box and ftp'd it in bin mode to make sure I had DOS cr/lf pairs...
      but I always seem to get the effect of .. echo 'some stuff   pause'

My ultimate goal is just to be able to share a few disks from the big
machine upstairs and it's printer on my tiny home network (me, my wife, and
the cats)...

Thanks for any help..

Here is my current config:

# Global parameters
[global]
        os level = 65
        preferred master = yes
        local master = yes
        domain master = yes
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\tonikfw\%U\profile
        logon path = \\tonikfw\%U\profile
        security = user
        workgroup = NELSONNET
        encrypt passwords = yes
        domain logons = Yes
        logon script = scripts\%U.bat
        domain admin group = @adm
        add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/nu
ll -s /bin/false %m$
        guest account = ftp
        share modes = no
        netbios name = TONIKFW
        server string = samba %h %v
        interfaces = 192.168.45.1/24
        password level = 4
        username level = 4
        wins support = Yes
        deadtime = 15
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
        hosts allow = 192.168.45. localhost
[homes]
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = Yes

[smbdocs]
        Comment = Samba Docs
        read only = yes
        browseable = yes
        path = /usr/local/src/samba/docs/htmldocs

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
        writeable = no
        guest ok = no