DHCP Doc Patch

Geoff Silver geoff at uslinux.net
Wed May 9 18:52:57 GMT 2001

> The paragraph suggests running NetBIOS over TCP/IP *and* NetBEUI at the
> same on the same machine.  This breaks stuff.  Binding NetBIOS to multiple
> transports can cause browser election storms, phantom services, and other
> trouble.

No, I suggest running only NetBIOS over TCP/IP (actually, John Terpstra
does in the original docs), but if the NetBIOS scope isn't properly
initialized, browsing doesn't work *unless* you use both (and then, yes,
it probably will break other things - I've just noticed that browsing
works with NetBEUI when the scope isn't initialized).

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later..."