DHCP Doc Patch

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue May 8 00:47:43 GMT 2001

Ummm...

The paragraph suggests running NetBIOS over TCP/IP *and* NetBEUI at the
same on the same machine.  This breaks stuff.  Binding NetBIOS to multiple
transports can cause browser election storms, phantom services, and other
trouble.

Also, I assume from the text below that the problem with browsing is
caused by NT4/5 systems which do not properly initialize their scope ID
and need to have it specified, either manually or via DHCP.  Is this
correct?  If so, browsing is not the only thing that will break.

Chris -)-----