Old question: Recursion Desired

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Mar 19 23:47:13 GMT 2001

I'm working on my documentation.

I note that Recursion Desired is turned on when doing a broadcast query.
Does anyone know why?

Testing this, I find that neither Samba nor W95 care if the RD bit is
turned on or off when responding to a broadcast query.  That is, if I
turn off the RD bit and send a broadcast query, I still get the expected