1 problem + 1 enhancementrequest

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 14:47:09 GMT 2001

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
> >
> > I seem to recall that this is a known problem, and that it is fixed in
> > CVS, so will be fixed in the next release of Samba.
> >
> > Can someone confirm this, please?
>
> Yes this is fixed in CVS.

Thanks.  That's good to hear and most reassuring to us.

> > Can someone give an approximate date for the next release, or for its
> > alpha/beta versions?
>
> As soon as we fix the known issues (I'm working on 5 at
> the moment).....

Good.

But any chance of just an approximate date?  Order of magnitude?
"About two days"?
"About two weeks"?
"About two months"?

Season with as many cautious "No promise", "We are tentatively hoping to"
sorts of phrases as you wish!  I'll sympathise with the spirit of such a
guess and estimate.

But an approximate time bracket, and indication of whether or not this
might be an alpha/beta really would be useful, in both our planning and
our current fire-fighting!  (We're on the verge of backtracking to 2.0.7
(and I suppose I'd have to work on making that 2.0.9 ...))

Thanks.