1 problem + 1 enhancementrequest

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Jun 21 15:35:27 GMT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:47:09PM +0100, David Lee wrote:

> But any chance of just an approximate date?  Order of magnitude?
> "About two days"?
> "About two weeks"?
> "About two months"?
>
> Season with as many cautious "No promise", "We are tentatively hoping to"
> sorts of phrases as you wish!  I'll sympathise with the spirit of such a
> guess and estimate.

Well, I'm working now on approx. 2-3 bugs left. I'm also
doing lots of testing as well, so as soon as that and all
the packaging is done I'll ship. Should be on the order of
weeks (and could be less than that).

> But an approximate time bracket, and indication of whether or not this
> might be an alpha/beta really would be useful, in both our planning and
> our current fire-fighting!  (We're on the verge of backtracking to 2.0.7
> (and I suppose I'd have to work on making that 2.0.9 ...))

It'll be 2.2.1, and as stable as we can make it - no
more promises than that :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.