Patch for making 2.2.1 compile Under NCR MP-RAS (SVR4)

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Thu Jul 12 16:00:31 GMT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Seth Mos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have attached this patch for compiling samba-2.2.1 under NCR MP-RAS.
> The patch is not intrusive and only changes the words TRUE and FALSE to
> True and False because the C compiler on this system gives the "Identifier
> is undeclared" message.

4.9 K Application / Octect stream attachment?

I am showing that TRUE and FALSE are not defined on Compaq C if you
specify strict ANSI compliance.

The proper fix would be to have these symbols defined in CONFIG.H if the
configure script does not detect them present.

This of course means that the configure script should also be be patched.

Even in uncompressed plain text, that should not take 4.9K.

> Note that this may also fix the problems other people saw on the list with
> other c compilers.

> It looks like some compilers are Case Sensitive.

I would expect a C compiler to be Case Sensitive, I seem to recall that
being part of the language specification.

TRUE and FALSE seem to be extensions that are common, but not permitted if
the requesting that the headers work under the ANSI naming rules.  But
this is just based on reading the comments in my local header files, and
not looking in the various standard documents.

The more subtle issue is that the last ANSI draft that I saw said
that only 6 characters of external symbols need to be significant for
linking, and I am not sure if they are required to be case sensitive.

C compilers need to work on some platforms that do not have case sensitive
linkers.

> I checked the compile and it still works under x86-linux-gnu-gcc.

> I am not on the list.
> Cheers

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network