LSB compatible Samba ?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Mon Jul 2 18:36:53 GMT 2001

> <IRONY FILTER>
> Yeah, that's right - keep those Giraffes burning (with
> apologies to Salvador Dali :-). End users like my mum
> *really* care about stuff like that. After all, that's
> *much* more important than being able to install end-user
> applications on a Linux system isn't it.....

Personally, I find the .deb system much more user friendly, workable,
recoverable, intuitive...  Almost as good as the pkg_* system.  I find
working with RPMs quite frustrating.

I really think that RPM is "winning" on the 600-pound gorilla principle,
which is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

Chris -)-----