namedquery.c timing question

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri Jan 19 17:10:22 GMT 2001

If I correctly remember the traces I was looking at last month, Samba and
Wind/95 have different timeout values.  I *think* that there is .25
seconds between name query packets from a Wind/95 box and I *think* that
Samba uses a larger value.

I'll have to look at the traces again.  It's easy to generate, though.
Just send queries (using nbtstat on Windows and nmblookup with Samba) for
a non-existent name.

Chris -)-----