namedquery.c timing question

Michael B. Allen mballen at erols.com
Fri Jan 19 08:20:35 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:19:28AM -0800, Douglas Leonard wrote:
> wondering what else this may affect.  Where did the current value for
> retry_time come from?  Is it a codified part of the Wins specs or is it
> just a best case default of some sort?

The netbios specification has values for BCAST_REQ_RETRY_TIMEOUT and
UCAST_REQ_RETRY_TIMEOUT but these values are effectively ignored at this
point(along with other large portions of it). I suspect they have been
honed based on user expirence. I can see why in your case it would be
nice to be able to set this.

Mike

--
signature pending